Great news! Acupuncture has now been deemed essential by New York State, and we will be re-opening the practice starting Tuesday, May 26th. If you would like to book an appointment and resume treatment, please contact us and let us know when you would like to come in.
Rest assured that your health and safety are of utmost importance, and we will be implementing new steps to prioritize your health and safety.
Here are some of the steps we are taking to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and create a safer clinic space:
- Patient appointments will be staggered to minimize overlaps and allow for proper room cleaning between patients.
- We will be continuing to offer virtual appointments (including herbal medicine) to reduce the number of in-person sessions.
- Surface disinfection including all headrests, treatment tables, tabletops and doorknobs will be disinfected with UV-C light and medical-grade cleaning products between all patients and at the end of the clinic day.
- We are removing all difficult-to-clean soft surface items such as sheets and pillowcases from the clinic space to allow for easier disinfection practices. They will be replaced with disposable single use items instead.
- We will be wearing masks, washing hands frequently, and practicing diligent personal hygiene.
- We are practicing social distancing in our personal lives to help reduce exposure and limit risk.
- We will stay home if we exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, and shortness of breath, or if we have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
What we ask of you.
Safety requires a team effort. Please review the following guidelines for in-person appointments.
Before your appointment:
- Alert us if you have recently traveled or developed two of more of the following symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, headache, loss of taste or smell, nausea, and bowel habit changes. Please do not come to the clinic if you have had a fever in the last 48 hours. Fees are waived for cancellations due to potential COVID-19 symptoms or diagnosis.
- Alert us if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. We ask that you do not come to your appointment if you have had recent known exposure.
- Please bring a face mask with you and be prepared to wear it for the entire session, regardless of symptoms. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided for you.
- We ask that you not bring anyone along with you to your appointment unless they are necessary for your care.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- Please wait to enter the clinic until your scheduled appointment time. This supports social distancing and gives us time to clean between patients. If you arrive early, please wait in your car, outside, or in the hall.
- Please leave unnecessary and non-valuable items at home. Whenever possible, please plan to bring minimal personal belongings to your session.
- Wash your hands in the restroom before coming into the clinic. Please use water and soap for 20-30 seconds, and dry hands thoroughly.
- Put on your face mask. You will need to wear a face mask during your treatment, regardless of your symptoms. If you do not have your own we will give you a disposable mask.
- Use a paper towel from the restroom to open the clinic door. We have a trash can inside!
During your visit:
- Please wear a face mask at all times.
- Alert us if you have recently developed two or more of the following symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, headache, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, nausea, or bowel changes. These symptoms may indicate a potential COVID-19 infection.
- Your temperature will be taken with a no-contact thermometer when you arrive.
- Allow us to get water or tea for you.
- We will have hand sanitizer on hand for you to use.
As new information comes out from state and federal regulators and the CDC, we will update this website with the most current and up-to-date policies and procedures.
Thank you for trusting us to support you in your health and wellbeing and we look forward to seeing you again!